I was shopping for baking ingredients when i came across a bottle of vanilla sugar. It was at a whopping price of $20+ for a bottle!! I googled on the spot if there is anyway one can diy it at home. It was a breeze looking up for the recipe! I proceeded to buy a packet of caster sugar and a packet of vanilla pods (3 pods for $5).
The very next morning,i started preparing my very own vanilla sugar and now i can't wait to try them in 2 weeks! Oh,i think this can be a very good gift to friends who loves baking! Just tie a nice ribbon around the jar and walah!
- 2 cups of vanilla sugar
You will need:
- 2 cups sugar (i am using caster sugar.)
- 1 vanilla bean pod
- 1 clean and dry jar
- Cut bean pod into half.
- Slit and scrap the seeds.
- Add the seeds to the sugar,mix well.
- Pour sugar into jar.
- Add the scarped pod into the jar.
- Store in a dry and cool place.
- Toss jar occasionally.
- Ready to use in 2 weeks.(the longer you keep,the more infused the sugar is.)
Original recipe:DIY Vanilla Sugar by SanneLaurenssen
~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~