Came across this when i was searching for vanilla sugar recipe. I felt that i am so lucky to come across it. I love sprinkles but i just can't buy every colour off the shelf,right? And normally they come in rather big packaging(storage problem!).
Okay,anyway,this is so easy to make. I can have any coloured sugar as and when i need.I just did 2 colours this morning and i loved the results! More colours to come!! I need more small jars! Yippie!
- 10 teaspoons (i am using this amount,you can add or lessen amount according to your needs.)
You will need:
- 10 teaspoons sugar (i use coarse sugar.)
- 1 drop of gel colouring (add more or less according to your preference.)
- 1 clean and dry jar
- Pour sugar into a zip lock bag.
- Add gel colouring.
- Rub the bag to mix well.
- Pour coloured sugar (they will appear a little damp) onto a lined baking tray.
- Level it with a spatula.
- Bake in a preheated oven for about 5 minutes at 180°C. *
- Remove from oven,break the crust. **
- Sieve sugar onto another parchment paper.
- Cool and store in jar.
**The sugar will crust a little,just break them with a spatula.
Original recipe:Make Your Own Sanding Sugar by Malia.
~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~