I have never eaten a carrot cake before.But i read that it does not really have the taste of carrots.The addition of carrots is to keep the cake really moist. And that carrot cake tastes much like a spice cake.
I searched for a few recipes and decided to use this as it uses lesser spices (i am not really a person who like strong tastes.) As for the cream cheese,i am using another recipe as i wanted to pipe cute little carrots on the cupcakes so i needed something more stable and this recipe looks like the one for me.
Results? I love it! Soft,fluffy,moist with a tinge of cinnamon powder and its a perfect combination with the cream cheese frosting! (Though the frosting is a little sweet for my preference;shall reduce a little in future.)
Try it and love it! Its easy to make and you don't even need a mixer!
- 6 cupcakes
You will need:
- 1 egg
- 75g oil
- 50g brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 63g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 83g grated carrots
- 27g chopped walnuts
- 63g butter,softened
- 125g cream cheese softened
- 110g icing sugar (can reduce a bit)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste/extract
- Beat egg,sugar,oil and vanilla extract till well combined.
- Add flour,baking powder,baking soda,cinnamon powder and salt,mix well.
- Stir in carrots.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Scoop into cupcake liners.
- Cream butter and cream cheese till creamy.
- Add vanilla bean paste.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 175°C for 30 minutes or till cooked.
- Leave in tin for 10 minutes before removing to cool on rack.
- Pipe frosting according to prefered design.*
- Refrigerate if not consuming as yet.
Original recipe from:Carrot Cake by TestedandTasted,Cream Cheese Frosting by thedomesticgoddesswannabe.
~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~