I recently joined a fb group called Singapore Home Cooks. They have a huge number of members and everyday hundreds of members post their lovely and yummy works. I didn't really have time to scroll down the page so frequently but i guess i was really lucky becos when i did i saw this entry by Missy Yu. The texture of the cake and the simplicity of making it attracted me. I went to get yoghurt and blueberries the very next day.
True to the picture,this cake was delish! Its really soft,"bouncy" and moist!Reminded me of Sara Lee! Actually,when i first saw the amount of sugar used,i was a little taken aback,but trust me,it is not that sweet afterall.Perhaps the amount of flour and yogurt used overtook the sweetness. And oh i added vanilla bean paste to the original recipe. ;)
Anyway,i will definitely make this again. Its so yummy that you can't just stop at one!
- 8" square tin
You will need:
- 1 cup plain flour/130g*
- 1 cup self raising flour/140g*
- 1 cup sugar/200g*
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup plain yoghurt/168g*
- 125g butter,softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 punnet of blueberries,rinsed and pat dry
- Sift flour and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar till pale and creamy.
- Add eggs,one at a time.
- Add vanilla bean paste.
- Add flour and yoghurt in alternate batches.
- Pour into greased and lined cake tin.
- Top with blueberries,press the berries lightly and slightly into the batter.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 50 minutes or till cooked.
- Leave in tin for 10 minutes before removing to cool on rack.
- Serve when cooled.
Original recipe from:Missy Yu
~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~