Please note:

I may not be the originator of most recipes but time and effort is spent on experimenting/testing out recipes,editing photos,creating entries.

Please include the link of my blog entry/ies if you wish to share at other places.Please do not just copy and paste and pass it as yours.

Respect when sharing.

Thank you!

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Earl Grey Tea Butter Cake



I did earl grey tea chiffon before and had always wanted to make this as well.But somehow other new recipes kept popping out that i totally forgot about this until yesterday.Neo from my group made this and another member Sally kept raving on it.So there came my motivation. haha!
I am using my usual butter cake recipe but creaming method instead for this. Soft,fluffy,moist and fragant..totally addicted. I gave some to my little gal's teachers and they loved it. Try it and get addicted ;) Remember to eat it the next day after you baked it.The whole cake will be fully infused by the fragrance of the tea.Ahhh~~*taking another piece~

I am submitting my post to Aspiring Bakers #30:Its Tea Time!(April 2013) hosted by Food Playground.

Makes:

  • 8 pieces of mini squares or 6" by 6" square tin

You will need:
  • 125g butter,softened
  • 90g sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 30ml milk
  • 100g self raising flour,sifted with tea leaves
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3 sachets of earl grey tea leaves,crushed and sifted with flour


The Preparation:
  1. Cream butter and sugar till pale and fluffy.
  2. Add eggs,one at a time,mix well.
  3. Add vanilla extact,mix well.
  4. Add milk and flour+leaves,alternate,ending with flour+leaves,mix well.
  5. Pour into mini square liners.
  6. Shake them a little to even out the batter.

The Baking:
  1. Bake in a pre heated oven for 15 minutes at 180°C then reduce to 160°C for  10 minutes or till cooked.
  2. Remove from liners and cool on rack.
Modified Recipe from: Butter Cake III

~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~


2 comments:

  1. Great post to appreciate and I have really enjoyed this article to read. I was looking for some accurate information about this article for a long time and herein my search ends…


    Tea Samples

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and i am glad that you enjoyed! ;)

      Delete