Made these today and i am really satisfied with the results.The choco taste might not be as strong as the one i usually bake but it is slightly softer and moist.I guess its the amount of milk used.They were a perfect combination with pieces of choco mint chocolates in them.(thanks to a member of MFWL group who inspired me to place them in the cupcakes.)
So if you are looking for a milder taste of chocolate cupcakes with a surprise(the choco mint inside.)This is the right one for you.
- 12 mini cupcakes
You will need:
- 63g softened butter
- 70g sugar (original recipe was 80g)
- 80g plain flour
- 13g cocoa powder
- 1/4 of 1/4 teaspoon coffee paste
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 60g milk
- 6 pieces of choco mint chocolate(i am using Andes.),broken into 1/2
- Sift flour,cocoa powder,baking powder and soda.
- Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Add coffee paste and milk,mix well.
- Stir in (1.) with a spatula,mix well.
- Fill up 1/4 of the liners,drop the chocolate in,fill the liners with more batter to 3/4 full.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 180 for 20-25 minutes or till cooked.
- Cool on rack.
Original recipe from:Moist Chocolate Cupcakes from Fabulous Cake Business by Alex Goh
~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~