This is another simple recipe that whoever loves this local hawker snack must try.(okay...its not so hawker now since we have JolliBean and Mr Bean.) I still prefer the hawker version,theirs just taste softer and nicer and most impt they have the coconut filling.Yum!!
Edited:For my recent pancake, I did a little changes to the recipe to suit my personal taste.
I halved the recipe to make it thinner.(Pic is using full recipe.) i also added more sugar* for the batter and a pinch of salt*.
4 decent size slices(Thick; 1/2 recipe for thin)
You will need:
(A)For the pancake130g plain flour
1 small egg
30g sugar *40g
1/2 tsp yeast
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
*a pinch of salt
(B)For the filling (My version;Peanut) (Adjust amount according to preference)
You can use red bean paste/kaya as well.
Mix (A) well and leave aside for 1 hour.
- Pour (A) into pan and smooth out to get an even thickness.
- Cover the lid and cook on low heat for 6-8mins.
- Remove pan from heat and transfer pancake to a plate.
- Spread (B) onto pancake.
- Fold into half, slice and serve.
- I am using Ocher HappyCall Pan(1/2 recipe for thin pancake),a non stick pan can be used as well.
- Shift pan around to get even shade.
Original recipe from:Pamela Loh
~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~